Sunday 13 May 2012

A little bit of Britain

Last weekend I had a bit of time on my hands and created a few things in my workshop. This first pendant I designed and made for my best friend who lives in Japan after moving there a few years ago - cut from sterling silver sheet and soldered to a small ring for a bail. I thought it would be nice for her to carry a minature British Isles around to remind her of home...I'm hoping she doesn't chance upon this blog before my package reaches her in Japan.

British Isles silver pendant

On tuesday, I'm attending a beginners stone setting course at Holts Academy in London - really looking forward to learning and practicing! It's a two day course over two tuesdays; I'll be learning bezel setting (which I've had a little go at in my workshop) and claw setting.

Have you attended any good courses lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...